Uh Oh! I went AWOL again!
To say that this year has been a big one for me would be an understatement. But life is what life is – and that is – it’s just life!
So, what have you been up to?
Here’s a brief overview of what’s been going on my end of town…
1. New position at work = work overload = too tired to do anything but sleep.
2. My daughter left for Europe six weeks ago and won’t be back for another six weeks = miss her but getting loads of presents…my favourite being the chef’s hat she bought me from Paris!
3. I ate quinoa – finally – made my own quinoa tabbouleh = hooked on the stuff.
4. I am now a single woman (after 5 years! Damn!) = I wonder if it was the quinoa?
5. Went to the wineries with the girls = shit load of wine just chillin’ out waiting for me to say ‘come to mumma baby.’
6. 2 weeks school holidays now over but I have another 2 weeks off on paid leave = Yay! Time to drink that wine!
7. Did a huge meat shopping trip = freezer is full so don’t have to get out of my pyjamas for the next 2 weeks!
8. Made my own parmesan/herb focaccia today = too lazy to get dressed and go to the shops to buy bread.
9. Took the dog for a walk/run/walk/run this afternoon…this of course is an out right lie…I had a snooze!
10. Woke up from snooze and wrote this…
…and…yes folks, all in that order!
Here are some pics of what I’ve been cooking and remembered to photograph!
So, there you have it – the last 3 – 4 months on one page! A bit sad isn’t it? Maybe not!
Not sure when I will be back writing on a more regular basis but rest assured that I do visit your blogs and enjoy reading and thinking about your food!!
Cheers people 🙂